My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.lifeinthiswonderfulworld.com
see you there!

Goodbye 346 Farnecio St., Quiapo Manila...

>> 9/18/2008





This has been my favorite part of the house in Quiapo, I've lived and basically grew up there. spending 17 years in this house (we moved there when I was 7 till I moved to Mandaluyong at 24 then) just like being in love and broken hearted, one has to leave and moved on... And I remember how it breaks my heart and had this heavy feeling when I first leave then and transferred to Mandaluyong. Now, time has come that my parents will be totally moving out there. No matter how "bulok" it is, still it has created an impact on who I am right now, the memories of our stay there will be forever remembered and cherished. I am a totally "batang Quiapo" So to speak, but not a madurukot huh?! hehehe. I graduated at Quiapo Parochial School. took up elementary and high school, It was run by the Sisters of St. Paul then. I remember that our Principal would always regard us as the Paulinians. Oh diba? and even sings the Paulinian hymn.. "Hark Sons and Daughters of St. Paul." But Quiapo Pachial School has changed its name into the Black Nazarene when something controversial happened after I graduated there and is now handled by the Quiapo church administration and no longer the sisters of St. Paul. Sabi nga nila, Quiapo daw is the counterpart of Tondo. I know, I know... Many stories has been said about Quiapo, the famous movie of late Fernando Poe Jr. and Maricel Soriano. If you want low priced cameras, just look for Hidalgo street near the Quiapo Church and beside the church are those vendors selling herbal medicines.. Oh well, I remember before I was pregnant with gabby, while passing by the quiapo church, one vendor approached me and said " Ma'm CYTOTEC ka? " I was like, "Hellllo??? Mukha ba akong magpapalaglag sa laki ng tiyan ko? was eight mos. pregnant then. Ian couldn't help but laugh out. And the ever famous line whenever you pass by the Muslim area in Barbosa street, "Dibidi, dibidi, dibidi" . And this I will truly miss every year...

" Fiesta alay sa Mahal na Poon ng Nazareno"
But we will still be present there every year in devotion to the black Nazarene... No matter what happens. Quiapo will always be forever in my heart.

Image of Black Nazarene from Google.

1 comments:

Vanniedosa September 23, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

hala i heard about cytotec! anyway how i wish i can visit quiapo...it looks interesting... ehehehe

for u pla dez.http://www.kidddesigns.com/2008/09/contagious-smile.html

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP